Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Baking with Fall Season's Staple: Pumpkin!

By: Mandy Whitaker


Pumpkins.


Pumpkins definitely come to mind when I think of the fall season.  Well folks, the fall season is upon us and what better way to enjoy this season than with an easy recipe using the fall season staple: pumpkin.

According to the Associated Press, despite the drought, pumpkin farmers are expecting a bright crop.  Pumpkin farmer, John Ackerman, says, "that's because pumpkins thrive in dry weather that holds back fungus, mold and other rind-rotting diseases."  He also says that his crop is looking fantastic and starting to turn orange.

Thank goodness!  There WILL be pumpkins this season! So, now we can all sleep at night....

But, seriously, I have an easy muffin recipe that is perfect for fall!

Like I said, when I say "easy" I definitely mean it, especially when it comes to cooking.  During this whole process: "Just wait a minute, Mandy is baking...Never thought I'd be saying that...," was said by one of my parents. Sad, but true. So, if I can manage to make this happen (of course, with parental supervision), so can anyone else over the age of...probably 7.

 On to the recipe:

What you need:


1 box of spiced cake mix
1 can of pumpkin
1/2 bag of mini chocolate chips
1 egg (optional)

Pre-heat the oven to 350.


  Mix all ingredients into a large bowl. 

The egg isn't necessary, but my mom put it in there... I think it's to make the stirring process a little less dusty with the cake mix, but I'm not sure. (Moms know best, right? So just throw one in there to be on the safe side.)

After everything is all mixed, start putting the mixture into muffin tins.  You can either spray the tin with Pam, or use cupcake holders.  I used cupcake holders because it's much cuter that way!

Place the pan in the oven, and set the timer for 20 minutes! (I accidentally forgot to set the timer...rookie mistake!)

Once the 20 minutes are up, take the muffins out of the tin to cool.


And, there you have it! Pumpkin muffins that are simple to make!

                                           Hope ya'll have a terrific week!






No comments:

Post a Comment