Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All That Glitters is NOT Gold... It's Pink, Too!

  
By: Mandy Whitaker

    The 2012 AMA nominations were announced on October, 9, 2012, by Christina Aguilara.  The AMA's will air on November 18, on ABC.  Artists of the year nominations include: Justin Bieber, Drake, Maroon 5, Katy Perry, and Rihanna.  Click here, for a full list of nominations.
 
     What better way to tie in my love for glitter than a night full of glamour, glitter, and beautiful people? I wanted to start off simple, but not lacking in beauty with tons of glitter! And when I mean "tons of glitter" that is truly what I mean. 
  
     I decided I wanted to make a little decorative jar covered in pink glitter!! Super simple, but equally as cute! A perfect addition to any room!

I purchased all these items at Hobby Lobby.

     I started off with a glass jar, glitter, and glue that adheres especially to glass! (Just read the labels, it will tell you whether the glue will stick to glass!)

                                                       Make sure to have a box or tray as your working space or you will end up with glitter EVERYWHERE! (Not that glitter everywhere is entirely a bad thing.)

Start by taking off the lid of the jar and begin painting on the glue. Let the glue sit for a moment until it's tacky. 

Then comes the fun part.  Pour glitter onto the jar and spread it around all over the glue.  Make sure every last inch is covered, we want this to be GLITTER CITY!!

      Let the glue dry and put the lid back on! For best results, place your newly glittered jar by a light source to make it sparkle! (I placed mine by pink Christmas lights.)

And Voila!  You added a touch of glamour to your room!

Easy but cute, right? Just like I promised!

No comments:

Post a Comment