Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Meet and Greet Part One: Britny the DIYer

Welcome to our blog! This project was created after a class of journalism students was told to come up with their own edge on a given news worthy topic and BAM: The Current Craft was created. Lindsey, Mallory and myself decided to center our blog around the current season and, being college students, keeping on a budget. We also are adding our own take on things by taking what's going on in the news and applying it to our crafts. [This will make more sense once our first official blog comes out. It's by Mallory and it's one to look forward to!]


Along with my other two lovely co-authors, I'm a Ball State college student. I'm studying news journalism as well as anthropology. I'm an active member of the Indiana National Guard and participate in ROTC on campus. My hobbies include swimming, cuddling up with a good book, knitting, scrapbooking evey moment of my relationship with my boyfriend of four years, baking yummy goods for him to take to the firehouse, scrounging thrift shops for good finds and playing with my puppy Belle whenever I get to go home. I'm also an addict to Pinterest and have come to enjoy taking photographs whenever I get the chance. I'm a big DIYer and love making gifts instead of buying them from the store. My crafting gene comes from my mom. She taught me how to look at something and see how I could make it myself with the materials I already have.


We already have some great ideas for upcoming blogs, but if there's anything you'd like to see please let us know. We're always open for ideas! Our first official blog will be popping up on Monday so keep an eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment