Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mallory, the Pinterest Freak

Photobucket

By: Mallory Jordan
Your Moderately Crafty Blogger


I like to think of myself as a renaissance woman; I dance, read and write; I enjoy singing, acting, learning in general and I love tea parties. I like to dabble a little bit in everything and do my best to be at least moderately good at it all.

A year ago, when the Pinterest craze was just hitting its peak, my roommate got me hooked. I always saw her making delicious snacks with the cutest presentation. I didn't think that I would have any use for a site like Pinterest because I don't cook that much. Little did I know, there is so much more than just baking recipes on the site. I've made gifts for my boyfriend and family from Pinterest ideas and taken a few decorating tips, such as using ribbon and clothes pins as a pretty picture hanger for your bedroom wall. There have even been some recipes I've successfully taken a shot at, like cheesecake strawberries.

I became so in love with the site that I even wrote a story on it for my school newspaper, The Ball State Daily News, for our Valentine's Day special insert.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think that anyone can craft. I am dedicated to help anyone who is willing to try to learn how to make easy, affordable items for gifts, treats, or just around the house decorations. I will be posting every Monday, so be sure to check out our blog for my seasonal projects for the moderately crafty person. Things to look forward to from me are how to make your own pumpkin spice latte in honor of the return of Starbucks' fall pumpkin spice flavors and fun Halloween treat ideas.

Be sure to check out my Pinterest if you have one. I will soon be adding a board called, "My creations" with more pictures of things that I have made if you are ever in need of some more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment