Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Christmas!

By Lindsey Riley (Crafting Challenged Blogger)

Hey everyone!

With Thanksgiving and Black Friday weekend ending, it means only one thing: We are less than thirty days away from Christmas Eve!

Now not everyone celebrates Christmas, and that is totally fine. Personally, my favorite part of the holiday and the winter season in general is the Christmas tree my family puts up. I hate going to get the tree (a family tradition that my father never let's me forget), but I do enjoy decorating it and placing gifts at its base.

This year, as a pre-Christmas present, I made my parents some ornaments. I told them to consider it my contribution to the tree this year since I'll be at school when they chop it down and decorate it.

Much to my surprise, making these ornaments was very easy. Here is what I did:


  • Went to Hobby Lobby (you can go to any craft store) and bought clear and blank ornaments (two packages of 12 for $7.99)
  • Went to JoAnn Fabrics (again, you can go to any craft store) and bought ten different paint colors ($1.25 each)
  • Go to your crafting area, lay out some newspaper on a table, and get all your materials ready (paint, ornaments, paper towels, paper plates)
  • Mix whatever color combinations you wish inside of the ornaments and with your finger covering the opening, shake them until all sides are covered. When covered, place upside down on a paper plate so paint can drain out. (Repeat for all ornaments)
  • Let them dry overnight
  • After wiping them down and getting the extra paint out, place the ornament tops and hooks back on
  • Package them in whatever way you wish (Personally, I used a gift box and tissue paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment